Upon completion of the Bachelor of Arts Degree at San Diego State University students will be able to:
- Demonstrate functional competence with principles of visual organization.
Demonstrate functional competence with principles of visual organization, including the ability to work with visual elements in two and three dimensions; color theory and its applications; and drawing.
- Present work that demonstrates perceptual acuity and conceptual understanding.
Present work that demonstrates perceptual acuity, conceptual understanding, and technical facility at a professional entry level in their chosen field(s).
- Become familiar with the historical achievements, current major issues, processes, and directions within the fields of Art and Design.
- Analyze works of art/design perceptively and to evaluate them critically.
Analyze works of art/design perceptively and to evaluate them critically within the context of classroom discussions, critiques and written reflections and or reports.
- Acquire the ability to place works of art/design in historical, cultural, and stylistic contexts.
- Acquire a working knowledge of technologies and equipment applicable to their area(s) of specialization.
- Work independently on a variety of art and/or design problems.
Work independently on a variety of art and/or design problems by combining, as appropriate to the issue, their capabilities in studio, analysis, history, and technology.
- Apply research and writing skills.
Apply research and writing skills to analysis and critical review of works of art, as well as development of their own Art and Design projects.
- Be aware of current professional practices and procedures within their field.