Why choose SDSU School of Art + Design?
Students majoring or minoring in Art at San Diego State University have access to tremendous resources, such as:
- Diverse and award-winning faculty
- Various areas of study with interdisciplinary opportunities
- Comprehensive facilities and equipment
- Several exhibition opportunities both on and off campus
- Meet and talk to cutting-edge artists in the Visiting Artist Lecture Series and Artists-in-Residence Program
See just some of the opportunities and access our students have:
- Over $77,000 worth of scholarships
- Monetary awards for students in the Annual Student Award Exhibition
- Study abroad opportunities
- Entrepreneurship Lecture Series encourages students to connect their creativity with business.
- Community engagement projects
- Art Council foundation that supports school events, awards and grants.
Things students care about:
- School of Art + Design student organizations
- Other PSFA events including plays, musicals, free weekly concerts, and more
- More information about SDSU campus life can be found here
Being an Aztec not only means receiving a world-class education, but also the opportunity to have a college experience you will never forget. SDSU is located on a beautiful mesa-top campus that is only minutes from beaches, mountains and exciting nightlife. While on-campus, students have the opportunity to be involved with over 300 student organizations, make lifelong connections by joining SDSU Greek Life, or enjoy the amenities of the brand-new Aztec Student Union. Plus join the thousands of Aztec students, faculty and alumni in rooting on your fellow Aztecs at an always thrilling SDSU sports event. Make your own experience and find out what it means to be an Aztec for Life.